Thursday, December 11, 2008

Man, Movie and Maniac.


Let me prelude my movie experiences before I get into. I was never a movie freak from my childhood not because I hate those colorful stories, Hercules heroes but because I had very less opportunity to obtain movies as we had no video players in my house. But my movie maniac never preceded my movie sense. Though I agree with you that only watching good movies can make the sense and indeed I saw only those movies which are made of great film makers such as "Satyajit Ray". He composed true class movies with old fashioned cameras, wonderful direction and his epic stories. May be by seeing those movies, I learnt prognosis of good movies.

In past, sometimes people asked to name favorite heroes and heroines; I surprised and murmured, "I don't have anybody like that" and immediately I realized may be people are smart enough to have their own heroes and heroines. Heck can I ascribe a person as hero, not a true hero but a hero of fake stories? Well if I do, how these persons are so dynamic to portray any role on this planet earth? You go to road or open your idiot box inevitably you will find all those heroes, they are not hero for particular character but hero of all trades: Hercules to Einstein. Some people are so mad of them that they can leave there home, parents and run away to the film city just to grab a glimpse of their heroes or may be to become a hero. Maniac muddles pure thinking of human being, though human is a great creature of god with lot of gray matters. Modern days are very promising for our coming tech savvy generations, they feel struggle of Batman, pain of Spiderman and intelligence of Sherlock Holmes, and sometimes try to imitate their heroes. Names and characters of heroes can change with adolescence but the definition remains constant.

My movie maniac starts from my first year of college though was limited initially. Most of the time, I choose the movie, I go with the preferences from few selected people or with my own R&D over web. In my opinion, heroes can not be separated from character while without a character and story; actor is as good as cinematographer. It's not the person, who engulfs us into story, but its character and, in true sense a person who is good to imitate the character is hero of the movie. A person, not obviously, can befit to any character any time. When I saw Forrest Gump or Philadelphia I think of Tom Hanks, Scarface of Al Pacino, or Apocalypse now of Marlon Brando.

Then how do we rate movies? Oscar committee has defined lots of attributes to qualify a movie as the best movie; however, in reality, we can't even praise those movies which could be an well contender too. Could they also be ranked in our TOP list or MUST see list? Here we go for the viewers' choice and mostly acclaimed movies from standard viewers. Plenty of blog websites are available nowadays to criticize the good taste movies but those sites lack factorization of true critics. Tom, Dick, Harry can rate movies by the help of their great perception of heroes or may be by enthralled with Hi-Tech hiccups. IMDB has a great database and I really admire the 250 list of top movies, but I astounded when I saw that a new comic movie has also acclaimed by viewers and surprisingly how a movie can get higher acclamation so early without criticized by veteran viewers? I hunch, some parameters or premises must restrain viewers before categorizing a movie. Of course, our tech savvy generations are ardent gospel of comic characters and by accessibility techie viewers have ample opportunity to rate their views superfluously but are those ratings well enough reasonable to convince any viewers?

No comments: